Job Title: Science Teacher
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent; Term Time only plus 5 training days (part-time applicants considered)
Location: The Grange Therapeutic School, Knossington, Leicestershire, LE15 8LY
We’re looking for a Science Teacher to join The Grange Therapeutic School team.
About the School
The Grange is a specialist independent school which provides education, residential care and therapy for young people aged 8-18 with Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) for Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs, ASC or related conditions.
Our school is based in a Victorian country house in Leicestershire with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to, and driven by, the individuals.
We offer the chance to teach in an environment where the emphasis is on excellent classroom practice with groups of up to 6 pupils and relationships are the key to success. Therefore, we need hardworking, child centred staff who are resilient and willing to go the extra mile. In return we offer significant investment in your professional development, a supportive staff group and opportunities for progression for ambitious staff
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our schools and homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
Acorn Care and Education is part of the Outcomes First Group.
About the Role
- To plan and deliver the Science curriculum to timetabled groups
- Participate in Safeguarding and Safety Intervention (SI) training and always be vigilant of the pupils’ well-being and welfare in any interactions with pupils
- Support the effective use of Teaching Assistants assigned to work in your lessons
- Follow up behavioural incidents with pupils and to seek advice and support if required
- Make full use of the Ready to Learn policy and the credit system and reward at every opportunity
- Contribute to the extra curricula and additional activities offered by the school
- To work as directed by the Principal, following reasonable requests
- Experience of working with children with SEN
- Knowledge of outstanding classroom practice
- Understanding of SEN and its impact on learning
- Ability to build strong relationships with pupils and staff quickly
- Knowledge of safeguarding good practice
- Knowledge of the Primary and Secondary curriculum
- Knowledge of the challenges facing pupils and parents with SEMH issues
Why work for us?
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Education and Care Website https://careers.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/jobs/.
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.